Sport & Social Group is looking for a new teammate! Although you won’t find anyone wearing a suit, we take our business seriously. Join an active, hardworking, and dedicated team in the sports industry.
Sport & Social Group provides sports leagues for adults. The organization has grown to over 130,000 members playing in a huge variety of sports year-round and has a vision for growth of 1 million members playing in multi-markets. Currently, we operate in two U.S. cities and eight Canadian cities.
Grand Rapids Sport & Social Club is perfect for the Grand Rapids 18 and up, professionals. We offer a unique opportunity to meet other physically and socially active individuals. Ideal for people who may have recently moved to the Grand Rapids area or just looking for a reason to get out of the house on a weekday! From Dodgeball, Kickball, to Flag Football, everything we do is coed.
Candidates must be a great fit with the Sport & Social Group Core Values:
- Chase the Vision
- Deliver What You Promise
- Take Pride in What You Do
- Get Shit Done
- Treat Everyone Like Your Best Friend
- Find a Better Way
HOW WE DO IT
GRSSC is for people who like sports, but LOVE to socialize! GRSSC keeps you active, introduces you to tons of new friends, and gets you out of the house on week nights. Grand Rapids Sport & Social Club is where Grand Rapids comes to play!
- Officiating games for adult Flag Football, Softball, and Soccer leagues throughout Grand Rapids.
Additional SSG Referee Expectations in the “New Normal”:
- Referees will be required to attend a Covid-19 virtual training session prior to working any shifts with SSG
- Referees must wear a non-medical mask at all times during their shift
- Referees will also be required to practice good hygiene by washing their hands with soap and water and/or hand sanitizer before, during and after every shift
- Referees will be expected to review all newly updated details prior to each shift and enforce SSG policies and guidelines on-site
- Referees will be required to maintain a six foot distance from members, this will include captain meetings, rule clarifications and time warnings
- Referees will be required to report any infractions of members not following Sport & Social Group general guidelines or any potential spread of infection to the SSG Admin Team, during or immediately following their shift
- Knowledge of general sport rules.
- Being able to make tough calls on the field/court
- Blowing a whistle, administering fouls appropriately, managing games and teams, addressing issues with on-site staff as needed.
- Some training may be provided.
- Do not need to know or officiate every sport that we offer, but it may increase your hours depending on your availability and rules knowledge.
- Experience in facility management, recreation, sports management, or other related experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work as part of, and lead a team that collaborates effectively with colleagues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Analytics skills to: identify problems, assess alternatives, and render consistent, logical decisions.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, and balanced life choices.
- Extremely outgoing & energetic.
- Be willing and reliable to work variable hours including nights during leagues.
- Be 18+ years of age or older by start date.
For more information please check out the following links:
IMPORTANT NOTE: We are still accepting applications at this time for the League Referee position in Michigan and hiring for this position has resumed.