Sport & Social Group is looking for a new teammate! Although you won’t find anyone wearing a suit, we take our business seriously. Join an active, hardworking, and dedicated team in the sports industry.
Sport & Social Group provides sports leagues for adults. The organization has grown to over 130,000 members playing in a huge variety of sports year-round and has a vision for growth of 1 million members playing in multi-markets. Currently, we operate in two U.S. cities and eight Canadian cities.
Grand Rapids Sport & Social Club is perfect for the Grand Rapids 18 and up, professionals. We offer a unique opportunity to meet other physically and socially active individuals. Ideal for people who may have recently moved to the Grand Rapids area or just looking for a reason to get out of the house on a weekday! From Dodgeball, Kickball, to Flag Football, everything we do is coed.
Candidates must be a great fit with the Sport & Social Group Core Values:
- Chase the Vision
- Deliver What You Promise
- Take Pride in What You Do
- Get Shit Done
- Treat Everyone Like Your Best Friend
- Find a Better Way
- Supervise and manage adult sports league at night
- Building our brand through the use of Social Media
- Taking photographs and video during events and leagues
- Setting up and helping to maintain equipment, fields and playing surfaces
- Creating a social experience and environment for league members
- Ensure safe and responsible play during competition
- Assist in managing league sign-ups and teams
- Attend league social events
- Assisting in managing day to day operations in the office
- Establishing a relationship with vendors, facilities, and the community to support our growing brand
- Develop new paths and opportunities for sponsor
- Personality - Extremely Outgoing & Energetic (your personality is the client’s first impression of us!)
- A Details Freak – Taking care of the little details first makes putting on a big show easy!
- No Fear - Be confident and motivated to call on and/or meet/work/deal with facility owners, company owners, media, and of course the Godfather of GRSSC.
- “New Age” Mentality – We’re not looking for mediocre and old-school here. We want someone who has fresh ideas, can work on their own without being micromanaged, and is good at developing and maintaining relationships.
- Perfectly Seasoned – We are looking for someone who has a past experience with planning events on every level. Someone who is able to clearly represent the GRSSC to prospective businesses, while adopting our social and humorous yet professional attitude.
- Well Spoken & Written – It goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway. You’ll need to have strong self-monitoring skills, articulate, and able to clearly draft emails without typos and grammatical errors.
- Software Knowledge - You'll need to know you way around a PC, especially, but not limited to: Microsoft Word and Excel, knowledge in Virtual DJ Pro, Corel Draw Suite x6, and basic web development (html) is a plus but we will train to help further develop!
- Thick Skin - Ok, so we may become direct at moments and therefore we need someone who won't take it personally, but rather understand that we work in a fast-paced environment which sometimes need quick and direct communication. Also, we need someone who can take direction well. We know exactly what we want and how we want it done and we always want to work on how we can do things better. Some may call it constructive criticism, but we call it perfectionificaiton. (yeah, not really a word)
- Wheels - You need your own transportation where you can, if needed, haul a few bins of equipment for sport leagues. Clown cars and vans with no windows are sketchy, but equally acceptable (we don't discriminate).
- Experience in facility management, recreation, sports management, hospitality/tourism management, or other related experience.
- Ability to use or, learn to use, various computer software programs.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work as part of, and lead a team that collaborates effectively with colleagues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of standard practices and demonstrated experiences in event management, hospitality & tourism and/or special events administration.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm; strong communication and presentation skills.
- Analytics skills to: identify problems, assess alternatives, and render consistent, logical decisions.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, and balanced life choices.
- Extremely outgoing & energetic.
- Be willing and reliable to work variable hours including nights during leagues.
- Be 18+ years of age or older by start date.
- The majority of shifts range between 5:00pm-11:00pm Monday to Friday. In addition, there are some weekend opportunities.
- Expected hours will be 10-15 hours per week.
- All of our Social Squad members will earn $10/hour
- One complimentary free league play for each season you work with us!
For more information please check out the following links:
IMPORTANT NOTE: We are still accepting applications at this time for the League Ambassador position in Michigan and hiring for this position has resumed.