For 25 years the Sport & Social Group’s (SSG) purpose has been “connecting people through play”. In March of 2020, the COVID19 pandemic forced all SSG sports league operations to stop. The SSG was striving to stay true to its core purpose and help bring play and connection to everyone living and working in a new remote world. Our team tried, tested and finessed many fun remote events to help corporate teams, school groups and organizations connect through play, and eventually, JAM was born.
Work + Play = JAM!
Since June of 2020 JAM has hosted over 1000s of virtual events, helping people globally (Canada, USA, UK, Belgium, France, Turkey, Columbia, Nigeria, China, India, Philippines, and Thailand) to connect through virtual play.
Candidates must be a great fit with the JAM Core Values:
- Chase the Vision
- Deliver What You Promise
- Take Pride in What You Do
- Get Shit Done
- Treat Everyone Like Your Best Friend
- Find a Better Way
JAM is now offering online remote events for individuals and companies as a way for people to continue to stay social, connect and #KeepPlaying. With our list of remote events growing we’re looking for remote event hosts who are engaging, who aren’t afraid to laugh at themselves and entertain others while hosting our online events. All hosts must be upbeat, positive people, with their own flair, personality and a conviction on how they present themselves. Events include, but not limited to: Trivia, Bingo, Escape Rooms, Guess-My-Sketch, JAMparty, Survey Says, Mind the Gap & Scavenger Hunts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- During events (via video conferencing) the host will execute event production elements with a primary focus on providing participants with an added level of entertainment & enjoyment through their engaging personality.
- Attending pre-production meetings related to event presentation, as required.
- Ensuring key scripting points are read, understood and instructions are clearly articulated to participants.
- Making all remote event participants feel welcome, included and comfortable during the course of the event.
- Completing event recap summaries following the conclusion of each event.
- Previous experience as a Master of Ceremonies, Comedian, Actor, Broadcaster or Live Entertainment host is considered a strong asset.
- Previous experience speaking to and entertaining large/medium sized audiences.
- Creative, outgoing and energetic personality
- Quick learner, comfortable learning new systems, willingness to support other teammates with problem solving, composure and professionalism
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and work well with a team
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must have a computer capable of taking Zoom video conference calls (mandatory) and ability to use a variety of features including virtual backgrounds
- Previous knowledge of Zoom Video Conferencing or Microsoft Teams software is an asset
ADDITIONAL ASSETS (NOT REQUIRED)
- Bilingual in either Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Mandarin, Hindi, Italian and/or Russian
- If you are bilingual please let us know in your cover letter!
- JAM hosts events 24/7 for clients all over the globe. The majority of the events take place Tuesday – Friday between 9am – 10pm EST, with Wednesday-Friday 2pm – 8pm EST being especially popular with corporate clients.
- We are seeking candidates who are able to work a minimum of 4-6 events in a week
- Please note that the majority of shifts take place Wednesdays, Thursday, and Fridays between 2pm-8pm EST.
- You must be available on at least two of those days between the hours of 2pm-8pm EST
- Hours will fluctuate based on the event schedule by expect between 4 to 15 hours per week.
- One event is typically 2 hours (consisting of 1 hour of event hosting and 1 hour of pre-event prep and wrap up), however shift length may very depending on event requirements.
- Weekend work may be required on occasion depending on the event schedule.
- You will earn $15/hour
- Each event typically will require about 1.5-2 hours (including prep and wrap up)
- Paid training and paid shadow shifts will be provided as well prior to your first event via Zoom conferencing
We are continuously accepting job applications for this position!